Jotul F3CB floor protection rear measurement with reduced clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

danomoseley

Feb 10, 2023
Upstate NY
Long time lurker, first time poster! I am installing a Jotul F3CB using DVL double wall stove pipe, Duravent support box, and Duraplus triple wall chimney.

I am using 24 gauge sheet metal with 1" ventilated space behind and below as required by NFPA 211 to reduce the rear clearance to 6".

I have built a raised hearth with 4 layers of Durock and tile, which should exceed the required R1.1 of floor protection. The hearth extends 18" in front of the stove and 8" on either side.

The part that has me confused is the instructions state a minimum of 8" of floor protection behind the stove, how does that work with the reduced 6" clearance to the wall? The hearth currently extends about 6.5" behind the stove and meets the wall, do I need to extend it and move the stove out?

Thank you!

In that case 6" is ok for behind the stove. Be sure the wall shield is 1-2" above the hearth pad, on 1" spacers, and open at the top.

In that case 6" is ok for behind the stove. Be sure the wall shield is 1-2" above the hearth pad, on 1" spacers, and open at the top.
Great thank you! There is a 1" space below the wall shield, 1" ceramic spacers, and it is open on top and sides.

PXL_20230211_202333228.MP.jpg PXL_20230214_023939779.MP.jpg

Reactions: EbS-P and begreen
Looks good, all it needs is fire.

Reactions: danomoseley