Jotul F45 to stovepipe connector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kzuke

Jul 8, 2023
Maine
Hello all,
First time poster longtime lurker. I’ve been burning with a Jotul f45v2 for a couple years now. It connects to ICC key damper then on to ICC durablack stovepipe. My issue is the damper/stovepipe just rests upon the flared collar of the stove. This seems like a fitting is missing here. The collar of the stove appears like it wants to accept a male fitting within it vs. the stovepipe just sitting atop the collar. This current configuration leaves a small hairline crack around the junction that whistles when my draft really gets going- this drives me nuts. Attached is a photo of the pipe and collar joined, and another when separated. Is there a part to join these two more completely? Thanks.

07AB8C8F-B0E9-4EEA-95FC-B5484CC4C409.jpeg 8D8E7204-A495-4B51-BF51-8498966DC08E.jpeg

DuraVent 6DVL-AD DVL Appliance Adapter (No Damper), Connects Double-Wall DVL Stove Pipe To Appliance Flue Outlet, Painted Black, Stainless Steel Inner, 6" Inner Diameter https://a.co/d/iGZVH3Z

Maybe something like this would work then place the damper on top or maybe even a small double male single wall connector could work?

Do you use the damper a lot? Tall chimney? I have the same stove on a straight up 22’ chimney no damper and found blocking off the primary boost air helped give me a little more control.

Yes I do use the damper, 25’ of straight pipe and I’m in an open and windy location- so I frequently find the need to dial things back.

Thanks for the connector link. I’ll see if the diameters of my openings will work.

Reactions: Todd
This may need the Ultra-black stove adapter - part UBSE. Or a short 6" section of stainless single-wall might be able to be cut down (3'?) to fit.

I too though it would need the USBE. After purchasing I realize it did not fit into or around the collar of the stove.

Todd, what do you have exiting your f45?

I’m rear venting a 90 elbow then straight up with excel double wall. I have it tucked in a corner as far as possible.

Update: seems there is no great solution here. Local Jotul dealers recommended part USBE, but it doesn’t fit into or over the stove’s flue collar. Other adapters would not fit stove or ICC pipe. Seems like the only solution is to run it as I have been.

Update: seems there is no great solution here. Local Jotul dealers recommended part USBE, but it doesn’t fit into or over the stove’s flue collar. Other adapters would not fit stove or ICC pipe. Seems like the only solution is to run it as I have been.
What is the mis-fitting with the UBSE at the stove collar? Too large or too small, creating a too loose fitment?