Jotul F55 now 2020 Compliant

rosem

Aug 27, 2019
Northern Michigan
I just saw this shared by Jotul North America on Facebook. A French Canadian company had the original post. It translates to:
It's official! The Jøtul F55 Carrabassett has passed the lab tests to be approved under the new EPA 2020. So it would be the largest 2020 device in its class not to have a catalyst. Expect to see him in Quebec in the next few months!
Does this mean they just retested the current F55 model as-is and it passed?

Jotul North America just replied to my comment and it looks like they have a V2 about to release.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
The non-catalytic PE Summit LE is 2020 compliant too.

ManitobaSky

Nov 20, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I’m interested what they claim for burn times on the F55 V2, I see they claim 10 hrs for the F45 V2 up from 8 hrs on the pre 2020 F45. Would be nice if they actually managed longer burns with less emissions and no catalyst.

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Marketing claims are just that. Your mileage may vary. Sometimes, by a lot.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
I’m interested what they claim for burn times on the F55 V2, I see they claim 10 hrs for the F45 V2 up from 8 hrs on the pre 2020 F45. Would be nice if they actually managed longer burns with less emissions and no catalyst.
So what’s the story on this F55? Anyone have the new version yet? What kind of burn time are they claiming to get?

jotulguy

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2010
central Pa
So what’s the story on this F55? Anyone have the new version yet? What kind of burn time are they claiming to get?
The F-55 is now approved but has not gone into manufacturing yet. Stay tuned for updates!

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin