Jotul Firelight 12 door removal.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kupifood

Hi. New here. Don't know much about fireplaces but want to learn, as I've just moved into a house with a Rayburn wood stove and a Jotul Firelight 12. I can't figure out how to get the doors off the Jotul. There is no mention of how to do it in the manual that I've downloaded. I need to have the glass replaced.

Attachments

• 1486421231857-554272695.jpg
    1486421231857-554272695.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 494
Looks a bit strange. Hopefully some one with that stove can make sense of it.

Not sure, but it looks like there's a gap on the top hinge pin. Have you tried lifting up on the door, then tilting it out bottom first?

The hinge assembly is bolted to the front of the stove. Inside, you'll find 2 12 or 13mm. nuts on threaded studs which are attached to the hinge assembly, just unbolt the whole thing. I don't remember an easy way to remove just the door, I think the whole mess has to go.

Reactions: Kupifood
The hinge assembly is bolted to the front of the stove. Inside, you'll find 2 12 or 13mm. nuts on threaded studs which are attached to the hinge assembly, just unbolt the whole thing. I don't remember an easy way to remove just the door, I think the whole mess has to go.

Thankyou SO much defiant3, it was really hard to get off but I did it! Now in getting the glass replaced. :)