Jotul Firelight DV LPG with vertices rear tubes -Looking for parts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spencer57

Feb 13, 2018
Maine
i have a Jotul Firelight pre GF600 model, direct vent Model Number 971290. The burner has developed a hole, part number 124971. I'm asking for help finding a replacement. Jotul says it's NLA.
Perhaps someone here is either scrapping one of these, or knows someone with new old stock.
I have tried every dealer on the internet, and actually had one company take my credit card, search and have just refunded me. It's a great stove and hate to replace it just because I can't find a burner.
Alternately, any suggestions for a burner that fits this stove?
Many thanks!

What you have is a Jotul cast iron body, but the burner &
the rest of the "guts" were manufactured by Majestic.
If you can't find them on the Majestic site, you're probably SOL.
I'm thinkin it's time for an upgrade...

Yes, thanks, that’s the stove, but Jotul is telling me it’s Superior not Majestic. Maybe Majectic bought Superior? Anyway,I’m hoping someone out there has a spare burner. Offering up to $600, maybe that helps!

Yes and unfortunately they no love never gave the part in stock. They order from Jotul. I also tried Stove king, Stove World, local dealers etc. stove king ironically still shows it available online and I ordered it, they charged my cc, and then refunded me! It seems they all order direct from Jotul. I am hoping to find new old stock sitting on someone's shelf.
Such a shame to have to throw away a gorgeous stove that except for a bad burner heats my house without issue.

Try taking the burner to a local REPUTABLE welding shop. Dollars to donuts they can fabricate one that will work as well as the OEM part.

Reactions: uncndl1
Lol ! It's been an adventure, but I was able to get info from Superior, but may after contacting the CEO. Superior designed the burner but it was actually manufactured for them by a company in MN, Stealth manufacturing. After many emails I think we are getting closer to Superior sending drawings to Stealth to make me one. Part numbers have been changed so many times Stealth can't even find the part number I got from Superior. They had contact info wrong too, so there you go!
I'm waiting for engineering to give "permission" to send the drawings . It pays to go to the top! The owner of Stealth has been extremely helpful too!

Reactions: DAKSY
For anyone with a Jotul Firelight that is before the GF 600, and has 8 logs, with vertical tubes in the rear of the firebox, the part number Stealth used was 902512, (we think, that’s what Superior gave me).
Stealth’s Contact number is
952-890-1303

Reactions: CenterTree
Latest update....Stealth mfg. was going to build me the new burner, but wanted to wait until they had the old one inhouse. Ok, not too long until heating season is over. In the meantime they had to attend a trade show. Their trade show items are packed away and taken out annually. Guess what was in the trade show material? My burner! So, it will be winging its way to me next week. Last one known to man, and hidden from plain site since the trade show last year! If I had found them this week it would not have been found.
They now have the drawings, so if anyone ever needs one, contact Jon at Stealth.
About $1000 a copy to get fabbed. Trade show copy, priceless!

Well it’s heating season again... More Jotul Firelight issues...
As everyone recalls I had to get a new burner from Stealth Mfg. who made the burners for Jotul via Superior. They had a display model available! So it was installed last heating season. The burner from Stealth is doing ok in the old Jotul but I’m still getting delayed ignition. It would happen a few times last year but it seems to be worse since restarting thus fall, Almost every time it lights. Here’s what happens... the burner tube closest to the pilot lights( about 6” of it) then there is a 3 second delay and the remainder of the tube lights with a bang and huge flames, like the gas isn’t traveling around the tube. Not good! There also seems to be flame , when off, in the left upper rear section of the fire box area. Very small and rear of any burner. I’ve been in touch with Stealth and they do not think it’s the burner tube or obstruction or hole size. They suggested the pilot isn’t close enough to the burner. The pilot assembly is factory located near where it is lighting though, it sits center back rear of the burner assembly. Their other suggestion was to add a few holes to the burner near the pilot. I’m not sure what that would accomplish as it’s the front near the glass that is delayed. Now we are thinking that the gas valve might be leaking or not sending the proper amount of LP and or nit closing? I’m not sure what the control for this is, as it has wires but no house electric connection? It’s original.
The pilot assembly was replaced about 11 years ago but looks to be fine. We had to have Jotul in Westbrook make this up as this stove is the pre-Jotul production model when they subbed out the burner and internal parts. Later models had internal parts all fabbed by Jotul. I do have a spare for that and will have my tech install next week when he cleans it, just in case!
Dies anyone have any thoughts or encountered this issue ? Oh and by the way, like that funky noise your car makes, the stove runs perfect after it’s been serviced for the season but starts right in as soon as the technician leaves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure the burner & the burner orifice are EXACTLY in line.
If the orifice is "cocked" to one side or the other, it'll be directing
LP out of the air shutter before it reaches the pilot.
That can cause a delayed ignition & also be the source of the stray flames...

Reactions: Spencer57
Update: I also contacted Stealth and we all feel it’s a burner hole issue, remember this was a trade show display model, Their suggestion was to add or enlarge a few holes in the burner, one at a time. As one small change can create more headaches we opted to thoroughly wire brush the burner tube to make sure the holes were free of burrs, check all the other parts installation and add more rock wool to the front burner section . The pilot on this stove is centered on the top of the rear section of tube and the air shutter is on the right side, and lower of the assembly that holds the pilot and thermocouple. The delayed ignition or lack of has gotten better. It’s softer now, not a huge bang and only happens on occasion. I can live with that and will just have to service it more than annually. Eventually that burner will loose all the burrs, we hope. My tech determined adding holes might create sooting and as this is the last burner in existence, and we might destroy it, I wasn’t willing to play with that! Happy heating! If you ever see one of these stoves and it has a good burner, let me know!