Confirming Model of a Jotul "Firelight" stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Skinnerspost

Mar 13, 2017
Listowel, Ontario
I own a Jotul Firelight stove that was manufactured in 1995. It has a catalyst burner in the back of the stove. The plate that covers the catalyst burner is made of cast steel and this cover has cracked and needs to be replaced. From going over the Jotul Website, I believe the model is an F12 but I can't find anywhere on the stove that verifies the model. As this part is fairly expensive, I would hate to order the wrong part. If anyone is able to shed some light on this dilemma, it would be appreciated........Pete

Look online for a cat. You can beat that price.

$600 is absurd! The cat and the cast iron cover together might be $600.

Very high prices- we sell the cat for under 200 and the rear burn plate is around 125. Were they talking about the complete secondary burn package being 600?? It was over 400 the last time I looked. Be aware too that many parts for the Firelight 12 (Mfr'd 93-99) are NLA (no longer available) from Jotul but other places like woodman's parts plus will have replacement pieces. A new Firelight F600 now is a stout 2900 plus MSRP painted black.... more than the first 3 or 4 cars I owned.......