Jotul GF500 DV brick kit and stove top fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MGE

Nov 15, 2019
California
2 questions Is the reversible brick kit really work the extra money (I understand it's a preference). It's almost $300 more. Also do the stove top thermal fans work better than the blowers that are an add on (another $375). The stove is a rear vent propane. I'm probably posting in the wrong place so sorry in advance. Thanks

The brick kit is for looks only.
As for the blower, floor fans & ceiling fans will suffice.
Stove top thermal fans are a joke & a waste of money.

Reactions: jotulguy
The brick kit is for looks only.
As for the blower, floor fans & ceiling fans will suffice.
Stove top thermal fans are a joke & a waste of money.

We just got the stove and are happy with it. The brick is on order and I'm thinking the black is ok but also wondered about the aesthetics. We got the blower but it isn't hooked up right and they're coming back to fix it. I saw the fans on Amazon and it look like people liked them but, per your response. I was just toying with knocking the blower on the head but maybe not if they get it hooked up properly. Thanks