Jotul Oslo clunking sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi OLerose , we have a 3month old jotul f3 matt black straight flue marble hearth it's our first stove,and have the exact same problem as you,we burn dry hard wood,red gum ,iron bark,spotted gum, no pine or soft woods,the strange clunk sound seems to come when there is a large build up of coals and she's pumping ,like you we found it most disconcerting ,checked all bolts and screws all o k ,We shall see as winter progresses,also on a side note, she stank for a week with paint and iron fumes still sets of the smoke alarm with the paint smell,shop tells me it's still curing,Mmm long time,lets hope this problem resolves itself Pushkin

Hi Pushkin, I think the noise in our stove was caused by us keeping a large blue canner of water on the griddle for humidity. The noise was either the bottom of kettle expanding up & down with heat or heat trapped in the stove under the kettle.I replaced the big pan with a much smaller one & never heard the noise again.
My bad,I should have gotten back here but I wiped my computer clean & lost all my bookmarks.

Good luck!
Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.