Jotul Pricing ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johng

Jan 24, 2009
North East Florida
I have finally decided on a stove. I am going to go with the Jotul F500. We have two dealer that are within 50 miles of my home. One seems very knowledable the other I was not happy with at all. I also got one price over the internet. And it seems odd that all three prices for the same stove was 2246$. My question is does Jotul set there prices for all of there dealers? And if so do they ever run any sales? I am not in a hurry to buy the stove because we are getting close to the end of burning season here in North Florida. I just want it in place by next winter. Any advice on getting the best price would be appreciated. Thanks, John

$2246 is the retail price set by Jotul for the Matte Black Oslo...
The company I work for takes 10% off during April, May,
& June - IF you hire us to install it - & we also reduce our labor &
any peripheral components (connector, Class A, Hearthpads, etc.)
by 10%, also.
As far as I know, Jotul hasn't announced any End-of-Season deals, yet,
& their yearly price INCREASES generally come at the beginning of August...

I paid $2100 for the Blue/Black enamel back in August '08 up here in WI. The matte black one was $1800... 8

I paid around that price for my 500 back in December from a dealer in our area. But I also had a quote from another area dealer that was higher. Aside from the discount Daksy referred to I think $2246 for a brand new MB 500 is a fair price (stove only).

If memory serves me correctly I paid around $1,800 or so in the Fall of 2008 for a matte black Oslo . . . when I called around to several dealers they were all pretty much within $200 of each other . . . I ended up going with the closest dealer as he had the best price, most knowledge about the product and had the stove in stock.

Personally I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of a woodstove being installed in Florida . . . I realize it probably gets cold down there, but to us dumb Yankees it just seems odd since we usually come visit your state to escape the cold. ;)

Thanks guys. I know it does not get as cold here as the rest of the country but, it does get cold enough to run the heater. And we like building a fire. The fire place just does not put out much heat. That is why I am going to get a wood stove. It have burnt probaly 1 cord of wood so far in the fire place this year already. I know again that is not alot of wood compaired to what I have what I have seen some on here talking about burning a year. But, I could get alot more heat out of my 1 cord from a wood stove v/s my fire place. It will take a little longer for my stove to pay for itself but, I am sure it will in time. Thanks, John

Status
Not open for further replies.