Q&A Jotul stove decision

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

We are going to buy a new stove this summer and need a little advice. Our house is small, about 900 sq. ft.. We are concerned about finding a stove we can run constantly but at a low enough heat to keep from running everyone out.

So my question to you-a 602 is sized right according to the sq. ft. literature. But from what I can gather a series 3 cat should run at a controlled lower heat for longer time periods. I know a dealer that has series 3 cats left. And then there is a 3cB. So in your experience, which of these stoves could we run 'cool' enough? Our climate is cold (ND)

Answer:

I think the 602 might be a bit small. The 3CB (non-cat) would be my choice. Less hassle than the cat one and the right amount of heat. It can turn down nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.