Jotul stove problem , please help, its cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom vwsf

Dec 23, 2006
Have Two year old Jotul gas stove ( allagash b vent) I can light the pilot, but it goes out with the release of the push in knob. Have been working on this for days and service provider is four weeks out. Please offer advise. Thanks Tom. Northern Calif

check the thermocouple reading with a multimeter, i would guess its bad. Go get a generic thermocouple and stick it in there, it wont screw in like the factory one will, but it will work untill you get a factory replacement.

Mountainstove guy:
Thank you for the reply. I just went and got a new thermocoupler and thermo generator
from place I bought the gas stove. I have installed both and still nothing. I did notice with the new ones installed that the flame does not wrap around these as per the manual can this be corrected.? what can I test next???
Thanks
Tom

Hmmmm.... so you dont have a strong pilot flame? do you have a multimeter? you need to test voltages. The couple should be in the 13 mV range. You didnt need the thermopile. Also check the spill switch. its in the draft hood (flue collar) disconect the wires from the spill switch and jump them with a paper clip. If you dont have a strong pilot, there is a pilot adjustment screw to turn it up. You need to check voltages first and formost.

hey msg, check also (if this is a maxitrol, or RS valve), the wire from the bus on the front that leads to the magnet for the pilot , if this does not make clean connection the pilot will not hold as well. other than that your spill switch is likely bad like you said. let me know if i can help , i know b-vents pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.