July 20, 1969.... Where Were You?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM radios . . . FM was still in its infancy when I was growing up. Most folks were still tuning into AM stations.

That one got me thinking... because I know FM mono was invented before WWII and stereo in the 50s... and Ive got some 50s and 60s vintage stereo gear with FM dials.

I went and looked it up on Wikipedia and it seems that FM stations didnt outnumber AM until 1978.. wow would have though it a lot earlier.

Dad was our Borden milkman. Loved riding with him because lunch was a pack of cheese crackers and a bottle, yep little bottle, of chocolate milk eaten in the truck.

Now that was some thick chocolate milk!

Reactions: PapaDave
If you were.

RIP Neil Armstrong first man on the moon.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/08/25/astronaut-neil-armstrong-dies-at-82/

The Dixettes Birthday is July 20 ... always a mention around here.

I was up at my fathers in Bennington, Vermont camping outside of the house, with an extension cord and an extra antenna wire running out to a portable TV so we could watch it outside under the stars. I was 11. It was an awesome summer, to say the least !

So sorry I missed your birthday. So, Happy birthday a little late.

I remember the day very well and watched it on our black & white tv set. Kids were young then (5 & 6). Work was steady and had just received a promotion. Life was good. Still is.

I was in Bothel, WA the day Elvis died, installing instant heating system in new suburban boxes and hating it. I walked off the job that day and never went back. Got a speeding ticket on the way back home too.

Such an unassuming man, for what he did.

I also remember it was the summer of Charles Manson.

Go ahead and bring your cap guns to an AirSoft fight. Dare ya.... <>

I had a cap gun that would shoot a #8 shot. Might wanna rethink that.>> (little bastage would sting, but not break skin).

Status
Not open for further replies.