Just bought a Quad Mt. Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tripletap

Jun 27, 2008
VT
Quad - Mount Vernon AE stand alone unit. I have a wood burner in my great room/billiards room that I am replacing and hope to be able to heat my whole house 2300 sq ft. I saw a lot of problems awhile back with the inserts but seem to have worked themselves out. Also bought three (3) tons of Cubex hardwood pellets I am located in Northern VT any comments about the Quad would be appreciated ...

THX

There are many posts in the Pellet Mill forum about this stove. It's a really nice unit. Congratulations.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Mt Vernon as well. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the stove? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks

I just put a deposit on a Mount Vernon AE insert. I was also looking at the Harman Accentra Insert, but my wife liked the looks of the Mount Vernon, it had greater heating capacity and is supposed to have quieter fans. Two dealers said the Accentra was sold out until December. I've read a lot of bad comments about the Mount Vernon. I'm praying that they've worked through most of the problems I've read about though! The Mount Vernon is supposed to be in by September. I'm hoping to drastically cut my use of oil and have a payback of less than two heating seasons since oil is heading towards $5.00 a gallon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Interested in any comments from owners regarding whether you think the recent fixes that have come out have addressed the problems.

All of the problems I read about the Mount Vernon AE were about the insert which you are buying - apparently the stand alone was O.K. ... It does seem they have worked out all the kinks from what I read - Good luck with your purchase and God help us all with these rising oil prices. The Government is usually up your A** when you don't want them here's an example of "Where's the Government on oil pricing"

This filthy Bast*** Bush has completely ruined this Country in 8 years, I personally think we are all doomed...!!!! Not just this Country but the whole planet. If there are Aliens out there they better show up soon and rescue us...

1) The problems with the Mt Vernon had to do with the controller board and thermostat both the Insert and the stand alone unit share these components.

All the new Quad Mt. Vernon AE's ship with the C1 rev controller board with new firmware.

2) The price of oil is for "demand destruction" to pop the oil speculation bubble and americans will curb there thirst for oil. BTW the price of fuel oil in Germany is about $11.00 gal. this is a world supply and demand issue.

Greg

NoMoreOPEC said:
1) 2) The price of oil is for "demand destruction" to pop the oil speculation bubble and americans will curb there thirst for oil. BTW the price of fuel oil in Germany is about $11.00 gal. this is a world supply and demand issue.

Greg

Very True. Do you see heating oil coming down after the elections?

johnnywarm said:

There are many variables for the short term if I knew I could retire by shorting oil. :)

1) Hurricane season is a big factor this summer in the gulf.
2) geo-political issues (IRAN)
3) value of the Dollar

-G

NoMoreOPEC said:
johnnywarm said:

There are many variables for the short term if I knew I could retire by shorting oil. :)

1) Hurricane season is a big factor this summer in the gulf.
2) geo-political issues (IRAN)
3) value of the Dollar

-G

I'm hoping for 350 a gallon tops this winter provided it's not very cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.