Mt Vernon AE thermostat not "ready" and does not autoclean on boot up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

t5eu9eb7

Feb 24, 2013
My Mt Vernon AE is acting up. When I plug the unit in I get the wake up screen then the standard temp screen. The upper left just shows "-----" and the unit does not autoclean. The thermostat does not react to any open door sensors. I can use the menu and change settings. The "pellet" menu option when entered is now blank. No pellet types are listed. Any ideas? I am 100 miles from a dealer and 1400 miles from where I bought it.

You have a bad connection in the wall control wires, either in wall control, or where they connect to stove. Unplug stove and check those connections. Also the computer strip inside wall control could be acting up. Just gently rub it to fix it. kap

Reactions: ABusWrench
It was the thermostat wires. I had done a continuity check on them before and that was good. I guess there was a comm issue though. New wires resolved the issue. Thanks for the help.