Just bought oil at $1.79 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnvictim

Jan 6, 2009
Tolland,CT.
Bought 200 gallons.That should finish my heating season.Local pellets are going between $295 to $345 a ton,so my stove is a book shelf until the pellet manufacturers come to their senses!! I lost $1200 to New England pellet , so I was not about to go buy more at these inflated prices. I guess it worked out to have 2 options.

I just paid $1.60 per gallon. almost does not pay to burn the pellets I bought. I should get through to next winter between the pellets and 200 gallons.

does Long Island deliver up here in the upstate..lol......my neighbor just paid $260 for oil in Jan. for 100 gallons..I'll call around 2day to see what the current prices are but I not sure they'll be as low as your..you lucky dog..:)

I think part of the whole burning pellets thing, though, is to help get this country off of it's dependence on oil, especially foreign oil! As well, we're doing less damage to the environment and global warming while using a renewable resource. Then there's the part about helping spur the local as well as domestic economy's. I paid $299 a ton for four tons last October (just started using the last ton today) and I'd certainly welcome a (lot) lower price, but I'd rather stay away from using oil if I can.
Just a rambling thought or two :coolsmile:

Kittery said:
I think part of the whole burning pellets thing, though, is to help get this country off of it's dependence on oil, especially foreign oil! As well, we're doing less damage to the environment and global warming while using a renewable resource. Then there's the part about helping spur the local as well as domestic economy's. I paid $299 a ton for four tons last October (just started using the last ton today) and I'd certainly welcome a (lot) lower price, but I'd rather stay away from using oil if I can.

Agreed. Plus I just can't turn of the stove. I may have trouble shutting it down when it's warm out.

Burnvictim said:
Bought 200 gallons.That should finish my heating season.Local pellets are going between $295 to $345 a ton,so my stove is a book shelf until the pellet manufacturers come to their senses!! I lost $1200 to New England pellet , so I was not about to go buy more at these inflated prices. I guess it worked out to have 2 options.

I wonder if the pellet making people know how we feel? I am down to my last 10 bags and will not purchase again until oil goes up or the wood pellets go way down.

South of Boston said:
Burnvictim said:

I wonder if the pellet making people know how we feel? I am down to my last 10 bags and will not purchase again until oil goes up or the wood pellets go way down.
The only way to make sure they get the point is to show them with your dollars (or lack thereof).

Kittery said:

Our economy needs a hell of alot more to spur it than a few fools buying pellets at inflated prices. Global warming in my opinion is a big FARCE NONSENSE AND BS.
iTS JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR POLITICOS to cont with ther own selfish agendas. Just like our greatest and latest mega billion stimulist package. LOADED WITH PORK just to fill the needs a POLITICOs agendas. I think most here burn pellets and these prices not only to nt use oil but this pellet thing is an ADDICTING HOBBY to most. The stove becomes an obsession we must fill. I to am very guilty of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.