Just fired up my wondercoal (for the first time)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GW_SE_Ohio

Nov 29, 2008
South East Ohio
Hello All,

I just fired up my new Wondercoal stove from Tractor Supply Co. It is in my basement and with coal easy to get here in South East Ohio, I am really stoked!

My dad and I just finished putting in the triple wall Dura Vent on the outside and we are starting to get toasty here....

If anybody has any pointers or tips, I would love to hear from you.

GW

Congratulations! and welcome to the forum. :)

My only pointer regarding burning coal is to make sure you have plenty of chimney for a good draw. For the most part, coal takes quite a bit more air to burn than wood and at air is supplied buy the draw on your chimney. I suspect you all ready know that, but for the benefit of other readers....

After you feel like you have learned the stove, it would be helpful to others if you could post your review and what you have learned. If you don't know already, you are a minority with that stove and the use of coal.

The spreading of information is what makes this site what it is and you are the guy to fill that gap.

Hi GW and Welcome.......Congrats on your new stove! I don't have any tips at all being that I've never burnt coal but I just wanted to welcome you especially since I also am from South-Eastern Ohio. It's a heck of a chilly night to be outside putting up that chimney! lol

Got through the first night. It was quite pleasant. Nothing like the smell of hot burning coal in my oven...and my wife just loves it as well. I figure that it is an "acquired" taste, however, it does bring back memories of past.

My chimney is drawing perfect. My stove is putting heat out. We purchased some coal (1000#) for about $50 at a coal yard.....

The more I learn, the more I'll post about this.

Thanks for the posts
GW

Status
Not open for further replies.