Just gettin' around TRYING to clean my lopi leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Ain't happy right now. Just fired off an email to Travis Ind. , who make the stove. I will post their reply when i get it :mad:

muss said:
Ain't happy right now. Just fired off an email to Travis Ind. , who make the stove. I will post their reply when i get it :mad:

I sent you a PM about this.

So what's up with this Muss? I have a Leyden coming in in a few weeks. Should I worry?

Well, being the president of the Procrastinators Club, I just got around to do or should i say try to do a thorough cleaning. Following the manual, i took off the cover to the exhaust blower to clean the inside & lo & behold there was a sealed gasket covering the inside to the impeller(fan blades). Too bad cause the heat i had from it this past winter was beyond my expectations but i know i somehow have to do a total clean up job . I burnt 3 different pellet brands & had no problem but with 3 dogs around, i have to clean the guts somehow cause i'm sure some parts must be furlined. Got your PM awhile ago Pete, thank you for that . Tomorrow i'm gonna fire off another email to 'em . Appreciate your concern also Zeta . Stay tuned :down: Muss

muss said:
i took off the cover to the exhaust blower to clean the inside & lo & behold there was a sealed gasket covering the inside to the impeller(fan blades).

So if you don't mind me asking, what is that telling me? there's not supposed to be a sealed gasket? And while your at it, what is a sealed gasket? Maybe this thread went right over my head :bug:

Thanks!

Muss,

I ran into the same thing on my Avalon Arbor, which is pretty much the same as the Leyden.

If you are careful enough, you can use a straight razor blade to separate the gasket from the housing.

I had a spare on hand before I tried this though, just in case I damaged it.

Good luck.

Sealed gasket is a complete gasket, i.e. like a cover. Muss

muss said:
..... Appreciate your concern also Zeta . Stay tuned :down: Muss

? Maybe you meant tinkabranc because I haven't posted to this
thread until now.

N e way, I sure hope you get it sorted out muss!

:red: Your right zeta, i did mean Tincabrac . But i remember you both from last season & your both great people Muss

If I am not mistaken it is just a paper gasket right? Why not just get some high temp gasket material and make your own?

Thanks Mullet, great idea. I'm gonna put that on my to-it list :p Muss

I ain't done s..t since i posted my complaint to you guys cause the fishin' here in the area has been fantastic . I know, i know ...... shame on me . God knows when i'm gonna check it out again. I haven't even used the email that macman sent me for customer service . Been like that all my life & it has cost me dearly at times . But i know 1 thing for sure, i love this site & all you people . Gonna be burning tonite for sure up here Muss

Status
Not open for further replies.