Just picked up a used Jred 2150...Mods?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkshed

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2012
NH
Does anyone know what mods I can do and how do I do the muffler mod?
Opinons?

Don't know that saw well at all. You might check over on A S though. They'll mod a hair dryer over there. A C

will do.
Thanks

youtube has a bunch of step by step mods.

Remove the limiters on the carb, muffler mod, and retune. As AC said, there should be plenty of info over on arboristsite. You might have to look for info on the husky version of your saw though.

For the life of me I cant find how to do the muffler mod.

For the life of me I cant find how to do the muffler mod.
Open up the outlet of the muffler . It generally 3/8" or less depending on the saw . Open it to 3/4" . Make sure you richer your mixture ! Go to arboristsite.com ,and do a search . Or, go into the chainsaw forum and ask how . Be ready to defend your choice of chainsaw brand ..... They are a hard bunch ! :)

Another way is to add a second hole with a deflector on the side of the muffler. There are a ton of threads on AS on various ways to do this. The one I just described is probably the easiest. Most people are using a 288 deflector and screen available through baileys for about $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.