Just to clarify. Nurse logs are not garbage.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
contextual lexical semantics

Alder trees are short lived and fast to decay. They provide lots of nutrients to the successive growth. They are also nitrogen fixers. The miracle of the growth cycle is really quite marvelous and we understand only perhaps a small fraction of what is totally happening, particularly on a fungal level.

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
Wow, neat link, thanks.
Should be called Compost Trees.

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
Alder trees are short lived and fast to decay. They provide lots of nutrients to the successive growth. They are also nitrogen fixers. The miracle of the growth cycle is really quite marvelous and we understand only perhaps a small fraction of what is totally happening, particularly on a fungal level.

There's a fungus amongus!

I give my nurse logs to Nurse Ratchen. The 30-NC.

I wouldn't mind being a nurse log when I go.

Last edited:
Reactions: firebroad
I wouldn't mind being a nurse log when go.
I looked for a youtube version of the old folk song "compost me", but couldnt find it. It was seen as subversive or something during McCarthyism

contextual lexical semantics
This is neither simple lexical semantics, nor contextual semantics. It is in fact competing ideas at the foundation. Leave it there to rot as part of the ecosystem, or retrieve it and use it.

Reactions: firebroad
Wish one of those was close to me.

This past Summer we buried a dear friend, a tall tree of a Czech, an artist who waved his arms when he talked, with emotion for a wind. His family dug the Shallow on a low hill in the sun, behind the house, laid him down, and covered over. Rest Mila.

You can keep your dignity if you choose.

This past Summer we buried a dear friend, a tall tree of a Czech, an artist who waved his arms when he talked, with emotion for a wind. His family dug the Shallow on a low hill in the sun, behind the house, laid him down, and covered over. Rest Mila.

You can keep your dignity if you choose.
There are so many annoying laws about this

There's always the pelagic option; Taking one more slow roll and one more deep lungful of God's air and plunging for the Deep as the sea goes Red and the Whites and Blues close in, to give oneself as seed bed to the myriad bottomers.

Sorry, I forgot no political posts til the Can (of worms) opens up, I've nearly completed a bottle of cheap (relatively) Tawny Port.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
I know they say that drowning is a peaceful death, but the ocean is sooooo cold around here. A bit morbid, sorry. I am feeling a bit melancholy tonight after working on a food security report - one of my survey responses was just so tragic. Hard to imagine struggles like that in a little place like this.

Well......there's chemicals and then there's chemicals Jake, and I'd object to being pandered to, but the thing is....not in Maine Jake, oh no, not in Maine!

Actually, I like Maine a lot, but please, anywheres exceptin" the "Haynesville Woods"!

Status
Not open for further replies.