Just when I was ready to stop being a pig...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mithesaint

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
NW Ohio
I'm getting tired of tripping over my pellet stacks. I have room, but not as much as I'd like. I've been burning for 2 seasons now, and was starting to get comfortable with the pellet supply and pricing. There's not a lot of pellet-heads around here, so I need to keep an eye on what's available. Menards has been pretty good about keeping magic spark or somersets around and at a decent price. Unfortunately they're 35 miles away.

Lowes, on the other hand, is 7 miles away. I walked into Lowes yesterday and saw the following choices...Natures Heat, North Americans, Eco Flame, and Presto-logs. God forbid I stop hoarding and that's all that's available, especially if the Prestos sell out...

Any retired pigs out there? How's it working out?

Careful with them box-stores. Once spring gets close, The pellets get their seasonal treatment. You might run short only to find grass seed and lawn mowers where the pellet should be.

This thread actually hurt my eyes when I read it. My stomach got qweezy even! I'm a pellet pig and hoardin is what I just have ta do! ;sick I had to go buy some pellets just so I could feel better and post a reply even. :p

Heck, we just sold a vehicle last week so we'd have more room in the garage for pellets!! We've got our priorities, after all ;)
I won't take any further than to say at last someone sees the light.

Wonder which D is talking, Wanna bet its Dave? ::-)

Hopefully its not Debs car getting the garage eviction notice? :eek:

It's Debbye talking ==c, and yes, it was my Jeep that was sold (it was the oldest of the three and had the highest mileage). We used to fit all three vehicles in the garage, but with 4+ tons of pellets it was a little tight. Now we have room to expand our addiction hobby. ;lol

It's Debbye talking ==c, and yes, it was my Jeep that was sold (it was the oldest of the three and had the highest mileage). We used to fit all three vehicles in the garage, but with 4+ tons of pellets it was a little tight. Now we have room to expand our addiction hobby. ;lol

Dave's a lucky man! ;)

Seems when I want to expand the habit, Its my stuff that pays the price! :(

Hey there be lead weighted rolling pins and cast iron bear thumpers in this house, so who's side do you think I'd be on, a little hint it ain't yours :p.

Reactions: jtakeman
What towns HD is this??

I have NEVER seen more than 2 brands at the same store. Let alone 4....

Never tried the Eco's either. Road Trip!!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Dex - I'm in Fremont. You don't want the Eco Flames, trust me. I burned them last year, and they were terrible. 140 degrees tops. They're on my NEVER EVER EVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY ARE DON'T BUY AGAIN list, along with North Americans and Freedom Fuel. I think the Eco's and Nature's Heats were left over from last year or the year before. The bags didn't look very pretty. The North Americans were left over from earlier this year when no one bought them. Prestos were the second truck load of the year for the store, as far as I can tell. Either way, I'd use all but the Prestos for mulch before I'd burn them.

Jay - I bought 25 more bags of Somersets tonight. Assuming average usage, I'm set till approx October 2015. Oink Oink!! Now if only I had more storage space...just hate having them in my workshop year round.

Dex - I'm in Fremont. You don't want the Eco Flames, trust me. I burned them last year, and they were terrible. 140 degrees tops. They're on my NEVER EVER EVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY ARE DON'T BUY AGAIN list, along with North Americans and Freedom Fuel. I think the Eco's and Nature's Heats were left over from last year or the year before. The bags didn't look very pretty. The North Americans were left over from earlier this year when no one bought them. Prestos were the second truck load of the year for the store, as far as I can tell. Either way, I'd use all but the Prestos for mulch before I'd burn them.

Jay - I bought 25 more bags of Somersets tonight. Assuming average usage, I'm set till approx October 2015. Oink Oink!! Now if only I had more storage space...just hate having them in my workshop year round.

I was in Bellvue this evening, small world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.