Keep an eye out for the seller "stovedoc" on Ebay - This is Breckwell - Big E for $825.00

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

treehackers

Sep 25, 2008
South Central MA
Factory refurb., warranty, and shipping is free(?)....looks like a great deal to me. Good luck!

UPDATE!

I ordered my stove on Monday 6/8/09 and it arrived on Thusday afternoon!

$825 delivered minus $247.50 30% tax credit = $577.50 total cash out of pocket.

It was such a good deal my co-worker bought one as well

Attachments

• DSCN1007.jpg
    DSCN1007.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,964

None sold - Must be because it is the model with the small glass?

If I didn't already have 3 Big E stoves I would have bought one. Would be great for a basement. Maybe I'll sell my 1 year old used stove on Craigs list for $1400.00, buy one of these and use the $575.00 for pellets!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250445244560&viewitem;=&salenotsupported;

Same stove is selling new on ebay for $1499.99 + $99 shipping - This stove with the small glass is not worth $1600.00 in my opinion

He just sold 4 in the last day

STILL ONE LEFT! - Time left:6 hours 15 mins 18 secs

5 more stoves available - 2d 23h 43m time left

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stovedoc

3 Big E - $825
1 P23 freestanding - $999
1 P23I Insert - $999

I don't think the insert will last long at that price!

Hope this helps someone stay warm!

treehackers said:

3 Big E - $825
1 P23I Insert - $999

Someone mentioned the tax credit earlier. Don't the stoves have to be new to qualify for the tax credit? If not, then used and refurbished ones could be sold and resold numerous times during the year and everyone would get a tax credit for the SAME stove! Now THAT sounds like Washington!

I bought one and it came from Texas, direct from Breckwell.

I believe the tax credit is valid because the stove is bought direct from the manufactuer with warranty, not some stove repair shop.

Maybe Eric at Kinsman can shed some light on this issue?

treehackers said:
I bought one and it came from Texas, direct from Breckwell.

I believe the tax credit is valid because the stove is bought direct from the manufactuer with warranty, not some stove repair shop.

Maybe Eric can shed some light on this issue?

Interesting, so pretty much 30% tax credit from $999 ( the 2nd link on eBay ) which will pretty much cover the shipping costs anyways.. then go buy 8 tons of pellets say $250 each so thats $2,000 and it would end up few hundres of dollars cheaper than Quadrafire alone without the pellets costs to add on to it ( Mt Vernon AE )

Shipping is FREE on all the stoves.

My stove arrived skidded and crated

Emailed the seller. Asked stove build date.
Reply - 2004. Hesitent now - need for basement.

phil san said:
Emailed the seller. Asked stove build date.
Reply - 2004. Hesitent now - need for basement.

Which stove did you ask about?

My Big E had a build date of March 2009!

Asked on the P23. Like the Big E but from what I've read seems it has to always run on 3 or 4. Just want to run it a couple hours each day in an ON/Off programed timer during the cold months.

I have a Big E and I don't have to run it on 3-4 all the time . I run mine on high /low #3 -#1 . I f I only need # 1 heat I leave it on # 1 .

Just committed and bought the Big E. What the heck. For that price and then take the credit. First thing I'll do is run it outside the house and make sure all the electric works.
Yet being referbrished, they should be taking a much closer inspection than right off the assembly line. I hope!

phil san said:
Just committed and bought the Big E. What the heck. For that price and then take the credit. First thing I'll do is run it outside the house and make sure all the electric works.
Yet being referbrished, they should be taking a much closer inspection than right off the assembly line. I hope!

Mine worked great

tjnamtiw said:
treehackers said:

3 Big E - $825
1 P23I Insert - $999

Someone mentioned the tax credit earlier. Don't the stoves have to be new to qualify for the tax credit? If not, then used and refurbished ones could be sold and resold numerous times during the year and everyone would get a tax credit for the SAME stove! Now THAT sounds like Washington!

im pretty sure that factory refurbished stoves resold through a distributer or retailer (or even the factory) are still eligable for the tax credit PROVIDED THEY MEET THE CRITERIA FOR THE CREDIT i may be wrong but im unaware of any "35-1" epa exempt units which do meet the standard set forth in the legislation. actually there is a local dealer here who is selling refurbished pellet stoves of ours on ebay as well,he buys refurbs and factory seconds from us and sells that way, same deal , factory "new stove " warranty, free shipping etc. and from what im told these (ours which are epa cert, not exempt) are eligable for the credit so i dont see why the breckwells wouldnt be if they are cert units and not being sold "second hand" by a private individual (like buying one off the neighbor) a bill of sale is given showing its a buisness selling, and breckwell is required to supply a certificate which shows the unit is "green" and eligable for the credit, usually you will find this in a downloadable format such as a PDF on the manufacturer's website.

EDIT: apparantly the "exempt" statement i made earlier is not entirely true, an exempt stove can be tested to verify "thermal efficiency" above 75% and still be eligable for the credit, im noting this as a correction of my earlier statement hoping that i have not caused any confusion to anyone. in particular the "big-e" stove by breckwell is an exempt stove but has been verified to meet the criteria above so is eligable for the credit.

Ordered the Big E on 6/25/09. Just delivered 6/30/09. Super fast response from Customer Service. Trac ID emailed within 24 hours. Fedex Freight telephoned next day.

Arrived on a boxed pallet. Truthfully, with the back cover off, hopper and door open, I can't tell the differnce between a new or refurb stove.

Now wait till I light it up. - but not for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.