KEEP EXHAUST FAN RUNNING WHILE CLEANING NEW P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boorus

Feb 21, 2019
Michigan
I READ ON A THREAD THAT IF YOU PLUG THE STOVE IN WHILE CLEANING THE EXHAUST FAN WILL RUN WHICH GET RID OF A LOT OF THE DUST. I TRIED IT ON A NEW P43C BUT THE FAN ONLY RAN A SHORT TIME. IS THERE A WAY TO KEEP THE EXHAUST FAN RUNNING? IT REALLY HELPS WITH THE DUST.

I READ ON A THREAD THAT IF YOU PLUG THE STOVE IN WHILE CLEANING THE EXHAUST FAN WILL RUN WHICH GET RID OF A LOT OF THE DUST. I TRIED IT ON A NEW P43C BUT THE FAN ONLY RAN A SHORT TIME. IS THERE A WAY TO KEEP THE EXHAUST FAN RUNNING? IT REALLY HELPS WITH THE DUST.
Turn the stove up and once the blower starts open it up. Then you can turn it back down and it should keep running because the vacuum switch won’t be closed and the board will think there is a clog. Be careful you don’t stick anything into the exhaust blower while it’s running. I’d leave the ash pan door closed so you don’t accidentally get into it.

The feed adjustment knob has a "test" setting. Turn it to test and the fans will run. The room fan will shut off after a couple of minutes but the exhaust fan will continue to run.

Reactions: bogieb
The feed adjustment knob has a "test" setting. Turn it to test and the fans will run. The room fan will shut off after a couple of minutes but the exhaust fan will continue to run.
This