Kent Tile Fire model question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_ABR_

Hearth Supporter
Feb 17, 2007
Hi,

I just bought a used Kent stove, it says "Tile Fire C.H." model on the back. I'm wondering what the "C.H." stands for, since everything I see on the net seems to talk about named models like Sherwood or Ultima. Would like to know to find out specs, etc..

Thanks.

Tom Odgen ther is a customer at the answer dest asking about a Kent

Hi ABR,

I looked through our files, and can only find three Kent Tile Fire models: the Tile Fire OA (Outside Air), Tile Fire LEM (Low Emissions Model) and Tile Fire 2000.

Is your label scratched, or spattered with the results of an overzealous repaint? I can see where two perfectly located globs of paint could turn an OA into a CH, although the sides of the H would be a little slanty.

No, the label is completely clear, it definitely says "Tile Fire C.H.". It also says UL 1482 (so I assume it WAS a U.S. import model) and "Northbrook RPT", whatever the heck that is.

I thought maybe it meant "Catalytic Heater", but it doesn't look catalytic to me -- first stove, so I'm not 100% sure though..

Ul 1478 is the UL approval lable for your stove. Required on all stoves sold in USA after 1979.

Really Kent stoves are still sold maybe you can goggle a number and get a hold of someone at Kent.

Kent are more of a regional stove found in the west and North west. Not too many found here on the East coast

Thanks..I did see this link saying they went out of business and another co. bought their name, but I guess it's worth a shot at least.

I saw that you own a Kent Tile Fire. I too have one and need to replace the gasket around the metal frame glass retainer, not the glass. Would you know what size gasket I should use? Thanks.

Welcome, Impartial. Be better to start a new thread...eg: "Kent Tile Fire Gasket?"..rather than piggyback a really old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.