Lovewoodheat Posted By Lovewoodheat, Nov 11, 2017 at 8:20 AM

1. Lovewoodheat

Lovewoodheat
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2017
    Loc:
    Merriam, Ks
    I have a Kent wood burner with the tile sides. I bought it from my uncle who picked it up at a farm auction. Awesome little stove! It came to me without the tiles in the sides and no fire brick inside. My uncle told me I didn't need fire brick inside, but I wonder if I should line it. Haven't noticed any warping, and have been using for years. Please give me some advice!
    My second question is about the exterior tiles. I originally used two ceramic tiles I had laying around from an old job. Just cut two tiles to fit the side, and it worked fine for years. Recently I noticed one tile was cracked. I stopped burning, and took all the tiles out, replacing with a solid tile cut to size of the side. It is porcelain floor tile, 3/8 of an inch thick. It has already cracked on both sides. What is the recommended tiles to be used, I.e. size and type? I've seen a few pics on here of the stove but can't tell what the tiles are. Thanks a lot.

2. sticks

sticks
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2012
    Loc:
    Central IN
    The original Kent Tile Fire the late 80's indeed did not have any firebrick. The only place I ever noticed any damage was around the baffle I think brick in the firebox may make that worse by retaining more heat. That's a guess but I would leave them out. Sorry don't know what tile you should use

3. Wodburner

Wodburner
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 27, 2011
    Loc:
    Buford,Ga
    I still use my TileFire I bought new in '88. It did not come with firebricks and the tile size is 12 x 12. I have never had to replace the tiles till last weekend when one fell and broke. tilefire.jpg