Kent Woodburner tile sides

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lovewoodheat

Nov 11, 2017
Merriam, Ks
I have a Kent wood burner with the tile sides. I bought it from my uncle who picked it up at a farm auction. Awesome little stove! It came to me without the tiles in the sides and no fire brick inside. My uncle told me I didn't need fire brick inside, but I wonder if I should line it. Haven't noticed any warping, and have been using for years. Please give me some advice!
My second question is about the exterior tiles. I originally used two ceramic tiles I had laying around from an old job. Just cut two tiles to fit the side, and it worked fine for years. Recently I noticed one tile was cracked. I stopped burning, and took all the tiles out, replacing with a solid tile cut to size of the side. It is porcelain floor tile, 3/8 of an inch thick. It has already cracked on both sides. What is the recommended tiles to be used, I.e. size and type? I've seen a few pics on here of the stove but can't tell what the tiles are. Thanks a lot.

The original Kent Tile Fire the late 80's indeed did not have any firebrick. The only place I ever noticed any damage was around the baffle I think brick in the firebox may make that worse by retaining more heat. That's a guess but I would leave them out. Sorry don't know what tile you should use

I still use my TileFire I bought new in '88. It did not come with firebricks and the tile size is 12 x 12. I have never had to replace the tiles till last weekend when one fell and broke. tilefire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: