Kentucky Kernal Premium Hardwood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
has any one used or heard of these pellets?

I have about 1/2 ton of these pellets left from last year, and I cannot recommand them, for several reasons. When I bought the first ton, they would not burn, they would pile up in the burn pot, and within two hours it would actually shut the stove down. When I call the dealer that sold me the pellets he said he had other customers that had the same problem. He came back took the pellets back and brought me another ton of pellets and gave me some extra bags. The replacement pellets do burn, but they are very dusty, they make a lot more clickers, they have a lot of heavy ash, after about two hours of burning the glass is very dirty, and they have a odd smell while in the bag. Some where I read on their website under FAQ's that they add vetatable oil to their pellets, maybe all pellets have it in them not sure.

I am going to burn the other half ton of these pellets in the fall, however I will not be buying anymore of these pellets. I would suggest you try a couple of bags first before you purchase a ton of these things. I have tried several brands of pellets and I would have to rate these on the low end of the scale.

thanks....I just talked to the guy, he said he believes these are the best pellets around. They are not just hardwood but premium hardwood he said. They are made from red oak ( I think that is what he said)...so I may try some just to see...

Just the language would make me question the sales guy's knowledge. "Premium" is a very elastic word, like "super dooper" or "America's best loved" or something just as vague. There is a definition of "premium pellet" if you go along with a group like Pellet Fuel Institute. But "premium" is a broad enough definition to drive a truck through, which may make sense since that's how the pellets will be delivered. ;-)

But it does no harm to try the product, of course. It might be very good.

has anyone tried these since 2009

j-takeman said:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/50101/#553430

Careful Chris, Don't take our word for it, Try them your self first!

Oh I will .... ;-)

Clinker city!!, if you want your pot over runnif fullif then go for them Kernels!.........thats what my buddy Geno burned last season in his Breckwell P23I

Pellet-King said:
Clinker city!!, if you want your pot over runnif fullif then go for them Kernels!.........thats what my buddy Geno burned last season in his Breckwell P23I

My pot fills up with no matter what pellet I use. I a looking for heat output....

Status
Not open for further replies.