Kickapoo stove works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Girty85

Oct 13, 2016
Westby, WI
Is anybody else still using a KSW stove?? Just curious?? Have been using mine in the house I bought for 3 years now and been pretty happy with it!!

I have a Kickapoo BBR that I’m planning to install in our basement. It was built in 1983 and weighs in at 385lbs. I have all the original paperwork if anyone needs the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
0404A035-5D3D-45C7-A200-2FCAA94506F4.jpeg 5C11AE7D-DC9B-4FFB-AC11-91561F3B8475.jpeg
Here is a bad pic of a ksw and some fun facts I found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Kickapoo BBR that I’m planning to install in our basement. It was built in 1983 and weighs in at 385lbs. I have all the original paperwork if anyone needs the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello from AZ. We just purchased a home that has this stove as a heat source. Any information on the details of its operation would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Here is a PDF of my original manual. It covers the Kickapoo BBR and Boxer models produced in the late 70s to mid 80s.

Attachments

• Kickapoo_BBR_BOXER_Manual.pdf
    12.9 MB · Views: 205
Thank you! I've added it as an attachment to the Kickapoo wiki page too.

I have seen several stoves with KSW on the door for sale around here. I always wondered what they were but didn't wonder hard enough to go looking for the answer. Now I know, and also that they originated in Lafarge, which is a beautiful area. The Kickapoo River runs through there. Thanks for posting this info, I now have a much greater appreciation for KSW stoves.

Here is a long blog and it is interesting in a beautiful area of Wisconsin ..Takes 20 minutes or so to read unless you skim it...clancey