Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GGski

New Member
Sep 12, 2026
5
Vermont
Hello all. I just bought an almost 200 year old semi historic home, the prior owners held the home for 48 years and kept a few relics around. (Believe they're old) Hoping someone can help me with more info/dates.
One is a Crawford Anniversary Special that the cooktop has been converted to LP. The other is a Modern Glenwood Wood Parlor wood stove. The Crawford is the active cooktop in the home, the Glenwood is the active wood stove.
 

Attachments

  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171912663.webp
    275.2 KB · Views: 19
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171918172.webp
    180.6 KB · Views: 24
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171923575.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 14
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171933820.webp
    271.7 KB · Views: 16
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171937413.webp
    281.9 KB · Views: 17
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171954448.webp
    213.2 KB · Views: 12
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_171957208.webp
    186.1 KB · Views: 14
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_172009580.webp
    168.3 KB · Views: 21
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_172033878.webp
    349.6 KB · Views: 20
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_172050833.webp
    271.6 KB · Views: 23
  • [Hearth.com] Old Glenwood Parlor and Crawford Anniversary Special
    PXL_20260912_172112675.webp
    265.5 KB · Views: 20
Hello all. I just bought an almost 200 year old semi historic home, the prior owners held the home for 48 years and kept a few relics around. (Believe they're old) Hoping someone can help me with more info/dates.
One is a Crawford Anniversary Special that the cooktop has been converted to LP. The other is a Modern Glenwood Wood Parlor wood stove. The Crawford is the active cooktop in the home, the Glenwood is the active wood stove.
Anyone that can help me learn a bit about these?
 
What would you like to know? I’m not familiar with either one, but if I can answer questions I will!
 
I appreciate the reply! All I know/ have been told is that the Glenwood Parlor is from around 1925 and the Crawford is from around 1905 (currently is converted to gas for the cook top) so aside from that I really know nothing! I'm curious if the ages I've been told are correct, where did these come from (my research shows maybe Massachusetts), are they valuable/collectible and are there replacement parts available and where. Just looking to understand them better since the Glenwood is the active wood stove we rely on for some heat and the Crawford is our cook top. I love both so want to maintain them!
Much appreciated!
 
the ages look about right, sometimes it’s easier to find the ages that a company was in business than to find when the stove was manufactured.

Value is based on what people will pay for them.

I doubt replacement parts would be available, if something breaks, you’d probably need to find a donor stove.

I doubt the clearances to combustibles for your cook stove are adequate. Be careful, your cabinets and woodwork are probably too close.
 
Try some of the companies listed in this sticky thread.
 
Thank you for that information. Anything is helpful. As for the Crawford, it's converted so the cooktop is LP (no longer burns wood) that said, still think it's too close?
 
As for the Crawford, it's converted so the cooktop is LP (no longer burns wood) that said, still think it's too close?
There is no tested spec for the conversion. Is there no flue connection on the stove now? If so, it may be ok. Does the oven work and if so, is its burner also LP?
 
There is no tested spec for the conversion. Is there no flue connection on the stove now? If so, it may be ok. Does the oven work and if so, is its burner also LP?
No flue connection. It's just open air. So we bought a month ago, knew the cooktop was converted, said nothing about the oven being converted, but I did some exploring and see that the oven does have a burner and temp sensor. So it's converted to LP, but TBD on how viable that is. Some day I'll get bored and look into it more, we have a standalone oven so part of me says just use it as cooktop only for preservation, but I know curiosity will eventually win and I'll dig in!
 
With a full propane conversion, it likely is safe with close clearances. I wonder if they put any insulation around the oven when the conversion was done?