King Ashley 5500m Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTGRAMPY

Jan 5, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi all, I purchased my pellet stove 3 1/2 years ago, II have never been able to get it running. It runs for an hour, then goes out. I think it overheats, then comes up with an error code. I called United Stove, they have a customer service, but no service reps. They thought it might be a circuit board, they sent a replacement, I had it put in, same problem. Im not sure if its a fan problem or what? Any ideas, before I get some good use out of it and use it as a boat anchor.

Wow...That's like saying to a mechanic."My car doesn't run....what do you think it is."" Need a lot more information.
1. Whats your vent system setup?
2.How long will it run before an error code?
3. Exhaust fan running?
4.Room fan running?
5. Did you do diagnostics?
6. What error code did you get?
7. Did you purchase it new?
8. If not has it been thoroughly cleaned?

Just to get started.

Give us some more information and we'll try to help you figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mt Bob
I've owned this stove for over 2 years now and I joined this forum to sing its praises. It practically heats my entire ranch home. It will devour any brand of pellet you put in it. If it isn't burning clean (due to a poor quality pellet) I just turn it up and let the hot burn take care of the cleaning. Learning to use this machine correctly was a labor of love. You can't just push a button and expect to never touch or clean it again. It requires regular cleaning and attention. By the way, it's 14 degrees in Boston right now and 79 degrees in my kitchen with the stove on its second to lowest setting. Would be happy to answer questions about this device. It's a great value for the price and it does its job well!

Status
Not open for further replies.