King Deluxe KP130 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The manual that comes with our stove is very limited in what it tells you. It didn't even tell you how to adjust lbs/hr.

Looking online it looks like a version of a USSC/American Harvest/King stove. The manual that comes with the stove is pretty useless when it comes to adjusting settings etc. In the USSC Troubleshooting thread they have Tech manuals for a bunch of different models that go into a lot more depth on how to do it. Even if the exact model isnt listed, they are all about the same.

Given that the factory settings for USSC stoves can be so bad that the stove is unusable, they really should include the Tech manual with the stove or at least a link to get it online. My factory pph feedrate on my 6500 was 5pph for Pr-1 and 13pph for Pr-3 (I only have 3 heat ranges). I now have mine set at 1.6pph for Pr-1 and 5pph for Pr-3. This produces more than enough heat and burns as it should.

Looking online it looks like a version of a USSC/American Harvest/King stove. The manual that comes with the stove is pretty useless when it comes to adjusting settings etc. In the USSC Troubleshooting thread they have Tech manuals for a bunch of different models that go into a lot more depth on how to do it. Even if the exact model isnt listed, they are all about the same.

Given that the factory settings for USSC stoves can be so bad that the stove is unusable, they really should include the Tech manual with the stove or at least a link to get it online. My factory pph feedrate on my 6500 was 5pph for Pr-1 and 13pph for Pr-3 (I only have 3 heat ranges). I now have mine set at 1.6pph for Pr-1 and 5pph for Pr-3. This produces more than enough heat and burns as it should.
How high does your flame average? Mine is set at 1 pph and 3 pph. My flame barely reaches out of my burn pot, and never higher than the top of the pellet shute. It's vigorous though. There is no technician within 80 miles of me. Thank God for hearth.com

How high does your flame average? Mine is set at 1 pph and 3 pph. My flame barely reaches out of my burn pot, and never higher than the top of the pellet shute. It's vigorous though. There is no technician within 80 miles of me. Thank God for hearth.com
It depends on what my heat setting is. Running on PR1 the flame stays pretty low. It does change some as the agitator stirs. Sometime barely showing and other times a few inches above the pellet shute.

On any higher setting the flame stays higher than the shute pretty easy.

Reactions: Mt Bob