King ke1107 bypass door gasket problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fisherman-Travis

Sep 21, 2022
Northern CA
I picked up this King last night to replace my parents old non epa stove with. After getting it home I noticed the channel for the bypass gasket is deteriorated. Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have a clear picture that would show what this is supposed to look like? Can this part be purchased? I am a pretty confident welder but I’m a little on the dark on how to fix this before we install the stove. Thanks

670926B5-C0B7-47DD-B080-200D86CEB873.jpeg 7E492A42-B4E9-404E-A23F-B29CAF248866.jpeg

I just replaced the gasket on my slightly warped bypass gasket frame... and came across this thread when I was researching it:

I haven't seen any prefabbed gasket frames available. Looks like an easy frame to weld up with the right dimension u-channel or angle. I used 5/8 gasket material, per the manual (I have a Princess Insert). It's just lightly welded into place in the rectangular bypass cut-out.