KING wood stove/circulator condition?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pburchett

Jun 5, 2014
KY
How do I tell the condition of this King wood stove/circulator? It is for sale near me for $150 and I am considering it for my shop.

211371_5653476.jpg 211371_1675383.jpg
I need a heat source for this winter as I rebuild my old tractor. Insurance is ok with any stove as long as it is UL approved. The owner said he had to replace a grate in it when he bought it and is now getting old enough that the gas heat is easier on him.

I have not seen it in person yet but I know it is an old stove as my dad bought a new one in the early 80’s that was just like it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and looked at the stove. Those photos were taken years ago, must have been when he first got the stove. It looks like it had been badly abused.

That's too bad. I had that happen to me once when looking at a camper. It was described and pictures made it look great. Drove 4 hrs and turned right around after looking at it. There was so much rot and cancer that it was a basket case.