KONTURO/concept wood stove by Bodart Gonay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sherrie

Sep 20, 2012
Puget Sound region
Hi, haven't posted for a few years after giving up on a search for a replacement or repairs for my 1983 Morso woodstove that's still kicking out the heat, but needs new gaskets and baffle and handles, lol.

I'm searching anew and found this stove that I am in love with but cannot find any reviews/info about it. Anyone
here familiar or willing to critique based on the info available about it? I've been looking online for a couple of hours and finally realized the Konturo is just a frame for their Concept Green fireplace/box units. I'm very interested in the double sided feature, as my woodstove sits in the middle of the open concept living/dining/kitchen.

Any feedback or ideas where to look for critiques?

http://classicfireplaces.se/pdf/B&G-151210-Catalogue bois 2016-EN-ES.pdf

88447d03b3e6c9f51c78667f1a45eb85.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good looking stove, but it is not permitted for WA state unless there is some exception I don't know about. I think the Supreme Vision is the only double-sided wood stove that is available and I am not sure that one is EPA and WA State certified.
https://supremem.com/vision.php

Just looking at it raises alarm bells. The marketing department told the engineers they could have two vertical inches to implement the reburn system in so the stove would "look pretty". Similarly, there is no belly, and the firebox size isn't even specified. As a primary heater, this is probably miserable at best.

Although it looks like a train wreck from a functional point of view, it is possibly better than it looks, in that its air intakes are thermostatic, and it supposedly uses secondary air in its tiny reburner. That begs the question, "If you want heat, why even consider a unit that was purposely crippled for aesthetic reasons?".

That's a good looking stove, but it is not permitted for WA state unless there is some exception I don't know about. I think the Supreme Vision is the only double-sided wood stove that is available and I am not sure that one is EPA and WA State certified.
https://supremem.com/vision.php
Thanks, I thought I saw it was EPA certified and someone in Olympia where I live sells the brand...but I guess I'll have to get more info about that. Their literature online leaves a LOT to be desired

Just looking at it raises alarm bells. The marketing department told the engineers they could have two vertical inches to implement the reburn system in so the stove would "look pretty". Similarly, there is no belly, and the firebox size isn't even specified. As a primary heater, this is probably miserable at best.

Although it looks like a train wreck from a functional point of view, it is possibly better than it looks, in that its air intakes are thermostatic, and it supposedly uses secondary air in its tiny reburner. That begs the question, "If you want heat, why even consider a unit that was purposely crippled for aesthetic reasons?".
Well, darn! I figured there was some reason it wouldn't work as well as it looked! But it sure is nice looking....thanks for your input. I'm getting old enough that maybe the Morso will just have to last until I die and someone else can take up the hunt!

There are many good stoves on the market, but they won't look much like the 1124. That's ok, a modern heater will use less wood, give you a better fire view and some a pretty good looking, just different. Take a look at the Hampton 300, Pacific Energy Neo 1.6 and 2.5, Quadrafire Discovery II, and the Osburn Matrix for example.

I understand the struggle and searched for a long time to find a stove that looked the part and performed well. May I suggest the Morso 2110?

2110_frit_300x300_langeben.jpg

After searching for photos of the 1124 you own, I certainly understand your hesitance to going with a modern stove. We moved to Maine just before winter hit and the house came with an old broken 1974 Vermont Castings Defiant. This crippled stove didn't even make it until the temperatures got really low and we replaced it with a Morso 2B Classic. A much smaller stove, but far more efficient and our small well insulated house didn't need the giant defiant in the first place. The defiant is still around and I plan to rebuild it, perhaps this summer, and use it for a planned sun/three season room. We used less wood in the coldest part of February with our tiny Morso than we did for the three weeks of November and December we ran the Defiant.

Reactions: SpaceBus