Kozi Bay Win

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamps64

Oct 21, 2008
orange county ny
Hey

I am new to the site and a newbie stove owner. I purchased my Kozi about 1 month ago since then I have notice a lot of brown ash build up after a couple hours of burning. I have changed the damper and tried other pellets doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone have a Kozi or any suggestions?...Thanks

hamps64 said:
Hey

I am new to the site and a newbie stove owner. I purchased my Kozi about 1 month ago since then I have notice a lot of brown ash build up after a couple hours of burning. I have changed the damper and tried other pellets doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone have a Kozi or any suggestions?...Thanks

Welcome to the site from another Orange County, NY member. I'm near the airport in New Windsor.

As for the ash buildup, all stoves (pellets) leave ash.....just that some brands of pellets leave more. As for the color, the ash I clean from my stove is also a greyish-brown......I think the color has to do w/ the type of wood the pellet was made from.

How much ash is there after a couple days? (how deep?)

I am off 9W (T/O Newburgh/Wallkill) nice to see another Orange County person. It's not so much how deep the ash but how thick it is on the back wall and the glass saver screen and the glass what a mess to clean. I think I might need a fresh air kit I just don't think its getting enough air.

Status
Not open for further replies.