Kozi KSH stove, power went out when i was not home, probably overheated and now auger wont work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnfranciskeating

Jan 21, 2022
Ny
Hi Everyone, hope all are well!!! I cleaned her out the the next morning and realized that the auger was not working. At first just the top light in the rear of the stove was flashing That means:
"Either the stove overheated, your house had a power surge, or the wiring to the high temperature thermal disk became disconnected. To reset the unit, open the right side panel (Control Switch side) and locate the high temp thermal disk mounted right above the Circulation Fan. Now, press the red reset button located on the thermal disk. If that doesn't work, check the wires connected to the thermal disk. If the stove has overheated, contact a local KOZI serviceman to find out what caused the stove to overheat. You may need to replace the Circulation Fan."
I pressed the high temp thermal disk and then i got two blinking lights That means:
"Before going any further, perform your annual cleaning. Clean your venting, pull out your exhaust fan and clean the blades inside the housing. Remove your Heat Shields (metal plates surrounding your fire in the burn chamber) and clean the air passage ways. Finally, inspect all gaskets and replace if needed. If that doesn't work, the problem could either be with the pressure switch or the exhaust fan. Check the pressure switch. See if the wires leading to the pressure switch are loose. The pressure switch tube could also be plugged, broken or loosened. If the stove still isn't running, check to see if the exhaust fan is working. If not, you could have an exhaust fan failure. Please contact your retail store where you purchased the unit for more help"

I did what they recommended Just to make mention the exhaust fan and the circulator fan work fine both are blowing out their respective tubes
OK one of my questions is: cant I just use a wire to short the two thermal disk wires to determine if this is bad (I tried it but there was no change) and cant this method be used to test the pressure switch and the circulation thermal switch as well or am I missing something? I have no power coming to the two leads connected to the auger motor btw
Thanks in advance for any advise you have!!

John

Sounds like the magic smoke has escaped from the control box
See if the auger works when feed from a jumper plug
Also, does the hopper lid have a microswitch check to make sure it is working

Reactions: johnfranciskeating
Sounds like the magic smoke has escaped from the control box
See if the auger works when feed from a jumper plug
Also, does the hopper lid have a microswitch check to make sure it is working
John. Thanks for the reply. No lid switch on this old girl. I’ll try to jumper the motor. Thanks. I’ll update the post. Thanks again John