kozi previa help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jmb78blue

Jan 25, 2017
PA
be kind I am a newbie to this site... I need a little help with my Kozi Previa. It is shooting up the glass "white gray" coloring within hours of starting a new fire. Newer door seal, but the ash door seal is last years, but in good shape. I took a lighter around both doors and there is no air being pulled. My fire is burning very well NO black at all. And there is a triangle of clean glass from the bottom to corners up to the middle of the fire apex. I am running 1/3 to 1/2 air on either 3 or 4 heat seating depending on outside temps. I know I am being a little picky. Currently 3" direct vented, but I have almost enough pipe and supplies to go out and up a couple feet. and my elevation is about 2100ft

thanks in advance. I have been reading on this site for months and figured it was time to join!

Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone with that stove or the like can lead you to your answer.
I have 9 stoves in my collection and have now have only heard of this stove(kozy) for the 2nd time

I have a friend that had a Kozi but I am not familiar with them much other than seeing one. Glass will get dirty on any pellet stove really. If it bothers you you could wipe the ash off with a DRY rag when it is hot. My Harmans will get some skunked glass after running for a bit.

I ask my friend about it since he had a Kozi and report back if there is a trick or anything.