Kozy heat 241 zc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hoyt2014

Mar 23, 2020
Seymour wi
Good morning all,

I picked up this exiting unit and am installing it in my house. After cleaning it I see a 2” flex pipe coming off the bottom back of the fire box, it is then routed to top of firebox and not terminated.... just laying there with open end. What is this for? Help heat transfer to to of box? I am not using optional heat ducts.... just blowers out of the top grille for heat.

image.jpg

We only installed a few of those because they weren’t EPA approved and required an 8” chimney.
I was thinking that the 2” pipe attached to the top of the firebox to provide air to the air wash. Do you see anyplace where it might have attached?

Kozy heat got back to me and they think it is outside air, tie into main 4" line for outside air. Make sense?

Anyone know for the 4" outside air.... type of piping required. Manual states 30 ga galvanized... seems basic?

Why wasn’t it tied in to the air feed already? I’m certain it’s to feed air to the unit, but where? I don’t recall having to do any modifications to the ducting on this unit.

Not sure, bought it used and they must have disconnected it on removal... not sure why.

I will have to get it reconnected, looking for more direction on outside air intake pipping type outside of the unit. The portion that I pipe to the outside world. Just standard 30 ga galvanized, unit states no aluminum flex outside the unit....but I see inside is alum flex.

Not sure, bought it used and they must have disconnected it on removal... not sure why.

I will have to get it reconnected, looking for more direction on outside air intake pipping type outside of the unit. The portion that I pipe to the outside world. Just standard 30 ga galvanized, unit states no aluminum flex outside the unit....but I see inside is alum flex.

It’s really odd that they don’t allow aluminum flex, it’s routed all around the firebox already! Weird..