Kozy Heat Z42 Heat Duct effectiveness?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

balance

Hearth Supporter
Jul 30, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
I'm having a Kozy Heat Z42 CD installed this week and I'm very anxious to find out how well the heat duct kits work with this unit. Does anyone have experience with these?

My current situation is that I'm replacing a zero-clearance fireplace that is in my basement with the Z42. My basement is about 500 sq.ft. and the rest of the house is about another 1300 sq.ft. The unit sits on one end of the house, not the middle. I then am installing two heat duct kits. One will be fed up through the chase to my first floor and the other will fed up through the chase to my second floor. I'm really hoping that these units are effective and not just some sort of gimmick.

Also I was wondering what some of you felt about installing the blower on the unit itself.

Thanks in advance

MZ

I can't speak to the heat ducts, but the blower on the unit is completely necessary. I have the Z42CD, and the blower really pushes the heat out. I can't think of any reason why I would not get the blower on any ZC fireplace.

thanks for the feedback on the blower. I had it installed along with the two heat duct units on top of the stove. Just waiting for a final inspection and then I'll burn.

Well it's been two days so far since I got my Kozy Heat Z42 CD set up with the heat ducts and blowers. I would definitely recommend this setup. The heat that comes out of the registers in each of the two locations is unbelievable. There are barrel fans in each of the registers that really push the heat out while not being that loud, except when on full power. I still have to figure out how to run my stove properly and hopefully once I do the heat will be even hotter and more efficient. It hasn't been that cold yet (maybe in the low 40's at night) so I don't know how effective the unit will be until so. Good luck if anyone else is considering this setup.

I used Hearth and Home in Ledgewood, NJ.

They did an excellent job with the install of the stove and running the heat ducts. We highly recommend them. The price was pretty much right on as well with what they quoted us. The only draw back right now is that they are pretty well booked up with installs from what they told me last week.

The heat ducts seem to work exceptionally well so far as I previously posted, but we still have not had an extremely cold week yet to truly test it out. Good thing is I have not turned on my heat yet.

Good Luck with your stove if you get it. Let me know how you make out.

Thanks Balance,

That is who I went to. Right now it won't be until December until they can get someone out here to quote us a price. Only good thing is that we are going away until the middle of November so we won't need the heat on except for maybe a month or so when we get back. I will let you know how we make out.

Thanks again!

Balance,

How is your set-up working in the colder temperatures? Are you still happy with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.