Kozy Heat Z42 vs Pacific Energy FP30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pocono53

Sep 23, 2014
Northeast PA
Its taken me over 2 years to figure out what fireplace I want install and I narrowed it down to the Z42 and the FP30. I've spent a lot of time on here reading various posts about each fireplace and both get great reviews.

I can get the FP30 arch unit for $3200 cash, just have to add the OAK. The Z42 would be around $3350 so the price is close. I'm not going to go with any additional distribution kits (I wish they still sold the A body FP30).

Leaning towards the FP30 but I gotta drive 3 hours which is OK. Z42 is 20 mins for the house. House is 2200 sq feet and this will be installed on the back wall of a great room that extends out fro the main house. I have 14 foot ceiling in the great room

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I dont; expect these to heat entire house but should I?

What do you all think? Which should I go with?

I'm in paralysis by analysis mode right now..

Thanks

You won't go wrong with either. The Kozy has been around for quite a while. The Z42 firebox can take a bit longer log, but is a bit more shallow so it lends itself a bit more towards traditional E/W fireplace burning. There are many happy owners of this fireplace.

The FP30 has a cleaner look with the single door and it has a more square firebox. It can be loaded N/S or E/W. The other thing I like is that it has an ashlip, albeit a small one.

For me, probably not. E/W loading is nice for a fire view, but I prefer N/S loading for heating. I also prefer a single door and like look of the arched opening on the FP30.

I evaluated both and settled on the FP-30 due to simplicity, n/s loading, and looks. Oh...and my wife liked the looks of the FP-30 more than the kozy.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk