Kozyheat Z42 vrs Heatilator EC42 - Ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmike

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
He everyone.
My wife and I purchased a new home last month. The house has a wood burning factory fireplace installed in it (Heatilator EC42).

I fired it up last week and as far as I'm concerned it's complete junk. Only good for ambience. I does not have a blower unit installed, but something tells me it wouldn't help much. Is this a correct observance?

I need a solution that can actually heat my 2000ft. home.

It's my understanding that I can't put an insert into this unit as it could be dangerous, so I'm thinking of ripping it out and installing a Kozyheat Z42 zero clearance fireplace.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I think I will have to run a new chimney liner down the double wall pipe since that probably won't take the heat.

Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_9798.JPG
    IMG_9798.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 224
Stay away from the kozyheat z42 i installed one in my home and i am very disappointed. The fire box is not high enough to load wood in.Maximum burn time is 5 to 6 hours. under a hot fire something in the stove clatters quite loud. I'm very disappointed in this unit and would not recommend it to any one!

I had a kozyheat Z42 for four years in my previous home. Never had any problems with it and loved it. We'd load it full - touching the air tubes, and I would get burn times significantly longer than yours. I load it at 10p - go to bed and wake up at 6a (8 hours) to a bed of HOT coals and it was still pumping out the heat. Load it up again - great stove and a perfect option to replace builder grade heatilators. I wouldn't trust a poster with 1 post to their credit and who goes by the name unhappy..... IMO.

There are plenty of Kozyheat users on this forum who are very happy.

Reactions: Withoutink
Status
Not open for further replies.