Laddomat & storage piping question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Singed Eyebrows

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2009
Midwest
My Atmos boiler is going in the basement & is limited to one location with the chimney. I have a great area for 2 large pressure storage tanks. This is about 17 feet from the boiler. I want to run a Laddomatt. My question is, is this too far to get good thermosyphen out of the Lado on burnout? I will be running 1 1/2" iron pipe all the way. The Lado is 1 1/4" so I'll probably get some restriction there. Any help is appreciated, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
My Atmos boiler is going in the basement & is limited to one location with the chimney. I have a great area for 2 large pressure storage tanks. This is about 17 feet from the boiler. I want to run a Laddomatt. My question is, is this too far to get good thermosyphen out of the Lado on burnout? I will be running 1 1/2" iron pipe all the way. The Lado is 1 1/4" so I'll probably get some restriction there. Any help is appreciated, Randy

17' should be no problem. You do want the top of the storage to be as high as possible to increase the thermosiphon effect.

Thanks Nofossil; I plan on having the top of the tank close to the rafters, about 7 feet up, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.