Laid in my stack for the Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bmwloco

Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
27 September. Day before my 20th Wedding Anniversary. Cranked up the old '71 Dodge. Called the Chocolate lab. She happily hopped up into the front seat. We're off to Tractor Supply.

Time to fill the wood shed.

2 hours done. Stacked and ready for what may come.

IMG_1553.jpeg

Stacked next to a stove with 36" side clearance??

Reactions: Dan Freeman
Once I start burning, I rotate the first ones the side.

Usually, first burn is November 1.

A wooden hearth? Looks dangerous.

How long has this setup been in service?

Mr. Loco is playing a prank. The processed firewood is stacked 6 inches from the stove, and the hearth is oak?
Good one bmwloco.

Reactions: stoveliker
27 September. Day before my 20th Wedding Anniversary. Cranked up the old '71 Dodge. Called the Chocolate lab. She happily hopped up into the front seat. We're off to Tractor Supply.

Time to fill the wood shed.

2 hours done. Stacked and ready for what may come.

View attachment 299599
Looks great. Would you say the stacked biobricks are about a pallet worth? Do you ever find the floor panels bedding after bearing such a heavy load of “wood”?

bmwloco is in Asheville NC. My girlfriend owns 4 nice rental houses in Asheville and I spend a lot of time there. Often when out and about in the town, you can smell the odor of "Skunk" in the air and I am not talking about the striped animal. This stuff isn't officially legal but there is lots of it around. The layout of this wood stove shows that there is a little too much skunk being smoked in Asheville.

Reactions: Split
bmwloco is in Asheville NC. My girlfriend owns 4 nice rental houses in Asheville and I spend a lot of time there. Often when out and about in the town, you can smell the odor of "Skunk" in the air and I am not talking about the striped animal. This stuff isn't officially legal but there is lots of it around. The layout of this wood stove shows that there is a little too much skunk being smoked in Asheville.
The medical stuff is available where I live. Two of my perfectly healthy friends got a license, and now that's their fulltime job. Sitting around smoking, playing games and taking naps. One got fired, and is using his 'diagnosis' as a means to try and get disability from the state. Had a decent job and saved alot, and is quickly living off of that savings. (I should add he skis and mountain bikes,...if he doesnt smoke in the morning as soon as he wakes up)

The other didnt really make a ton of money, wife brought in the majority of the money. "They" decided that by the time he goes to work, they pay for daycare and the money involved in wear/tear on the vehicle, it would be best if he is a stay at home dad.

So that's two very non questioning subservient friends who are quickly diminishing both physically and mentally from being addicted to smoking. And yes, the decisions they make are usually quite quite questionable. IE 5 indoor extension cords running a fan for a blow up decoration, plugged into a non gfci because the darn gfci kept popping.
Edit, not to say that OP is anything similar to what Im describing. Just commenting on this post about the skunk in NC. Also there are many people that function just fine and can control their urges, and of course it has helped them in many ways. Long term though, there's no argument in my book. You will be lesser for partaking in the skunk if done frequently (daily, multiple times a day). It's akin to any other drug addiction, including alcohol.

Last edited:
Nice edit, that shows you have compassion, we are all created differently, as Mel Brooks said"life sucks"
Well we are all the same really. To an alien species we would be no different from another. I know no perfect person, and sometimes when I try my hardest I fail just as hard.

I don't know a perfect person either, but, there are some people I really appreciate, those who accept others for what they are, and have nothing but kind words to them. You don't have to be a hero in this world, you just have to see things with a broad lens. To the topic above, my wish in life would be to have anyone enjoy a not so good for you bad habit every once in a while, and not get hooked, moderation is a important key, thru body, mind and spirit, sorry, just my thoughts of today

A google search on the image doesn't show it popping up anywhere else. I think its an original.

I like the size of the stove. That is pretty close to stack it. I have some in the same room as the stove, but probably 30 inches away. No problems so far.