Lakewood Woodstove Information HERE (c.1981)!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ellibys

Dec 12, 2019
Ontario
Hi everyone at Hearth!

I recently took on the adventure of repositioning a Lakewood Double-Elk from our basement to the main floor. While we were doing all the planning for moving the stove, I ended up here on Hearth and found that there actually wasn't much information available on the stove (though what was here was awesome!)

The woodstove originally belonged to my partner's grandmother. He was telling his parents that we were having trouble finding the manual.... his mother looked in some old papers AND FOUND THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK!! It's crazy because the stove was originally purchased and installed in 1981 in a house that has long been sold.

I had so much trouble finding this online myself and had seen many others looking, so I have scanned the paperwork that we were given. This is a DIFFERENT manual than the other one found on here (the one I have INCLUDES the Double-Elk model). There is also a blank Warranty Registration Card, a double-sided 4-fold brochure outlining the stoves available at the time, and the hang tags that were attached to the stove at purchase (included for you historical folk and the Wiki!). I also included a picture of our Double-Elk stove in its final resting place!
Lakewood Double-Elk Woodstove.jpg

Attachments

• Lakewood HangTags c1981.pdf
    481.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Lakewood Owner Manual c1981.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 760
  • Lakewood Warranty Card c1981.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • Lakewood Brochure c1981.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 531
Thanks for the posting. We don't see many Lakewoods here.