Landscape question for minor grading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
I am going to be touching up portions of the lawn and am not quite certain of the proper piece of equipment for the job. There is exisitng grass growth, but holes, ruts, high spots etc. that I would like to eliminate. I have a 32 hp tractor with 3 point hitch to drive whatever is best. Is this a job for a tiller, harley rake, power rake or other? I don't expect to need to go any further than 6 inches down at any point to level areas.

Tiller and grader blade. Harley rake will work, but is more of a finishing tool IMO. At 6" deep, I vote tiller.

You might be able to get by with a grader box with ripping tines, then a drag. But a tiller is you best option if you can borrow/rent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.