Lange 6302K Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

milleph

Oct 26, 2021
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Decided to service my Lange 6302K myself so started to take it apart. I'm going to have a bunch of questions but the first concerns the baffle. It has a split as shown in the photo. Do I need to get this repaired or will the baffle still function ok? There is an iron works in town that I can probably have repair this if needed.

PXL_20211031_144609946.jpg

That will continue to deteriorate. A good repair may extend its life. In the least, drill a small hole at the end of the crack to stop its spread. If you do get it repaired, consider a place that is skilled in weld repairs of cast iron car and truck manifolds.

Reactions: Mt Bob
That will continue to deteriorate. A good repair may extend its life. In the least, drill a small hole at the end of the crack to stop its spread. If you do get it repaired, consider a place that is skilled in weld repairs of cast iron car and truck manifolds.
Thanks. I took it to an good auto welder but he couldn't do it. Said it was too porous. I'll try the fancier ironmonger in town. If it doesn't work do you know where I can get a replacement?

Hi there, I just bought one. There was some repair made. I can take a pic and share with you

Thanks. I took it to an good auto welder but he couldn't do it. Said it was too porous. I'll try the fancier ironmonger in town. If it doesn't work do you know where I can get a replacement?
IMG_8372.jpg

There was a specific part that was made, and it was reinforced. Probably the original one was not extremely durable. By the way I hope we can share some info as I plan also repair my 6302K. cheers