Last 2 Bags of Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
8 bags left here and facing a possible auger replacement. Thank you and wishing the same for all our pellet friends.

3 tons/8 bags of softies still in the basement..
thought April was going to be warm like March was but using a bag a day still here outside Philly.
thought i wouldn't need to get into that last ton but used up 42 bags since mid March.

About 15 bags left. This cold and windy April has really put a dent on the stash I thought I would have left over for next year. And some people like the house between 75-80 degrees.

1 bag left at home, 25 sitting at our supplier. Planning to use those next year.

Reactions: Marc S. and Ssyko
I got about 1.5 ton left but it’s not over either. Most of April has been colder than March. I’m lucky if the temp gets over 40 during the day. Then high winds and snow the past week. So glad I got that 4th ton last fall.

Going to be interesting to see what the virus does to pellet production. Hoping I can get the 3 tons I’m going to need for next season.

Been buying 10 bags a week for 2 weeks(under estimated the heat beasts appetite) lol. Snowed here the last couple days but nothing sticking, but still in the 20’s-30’s

I got about 1.5 ton left but it’s not over either. Most of April has been colder than March. I’m lucky if the temp gets over 40 during the day. Then high winds and snow the past week. So glad I got that 4th ton last fall.

Going to be interesting to see what the virus does to pellet production. Hoping I can get the 3 tons I’m going to need for next season.

Good point. I was planning to order another ton for next season but gonna get it sooner than later.

Reactions: Marc S.
What's left of a ton that I thought I was going to be able to save for next season from mid March & Friggin April no less.!

Attachments

• 1587646380410935710458917516723.jpg
    1587646380410935710458917516723.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Been buying 10 bags a week for 2 weeks(under estimated the heat beasts appetite) lol. Snowed here the last couple days but nothing sticking, but still in the 20’s-30’s

I hear this with the max and p68. These are both high efficiency stoves that “can” burn a lot of pellets and make big heat. If they are run lower are they eating more pellets than a smaller stove would be eating to do the same job? I guess that’s what you’re saying but it sounds like efficiency goes way down.

What's left of a ton that I thought I was going to be able to save for next season from mid March & Friggin April no less.!

Concrete blocks under the pallets.... That is hardcore, Tony. No mouse is getting to that stash.

Concrete blocks under the pallets.... That is hardcore, Tony. No mouse is getting to that stash.
yeah,,, they we're in the basement when we bought the house so put them to good use..lol
the other 4 skids pretty much are laying on bricks.

Four bags left and I may need to buy some more at Menards. I thought I'd only burn half a bag a day when I installed the P68 but it would be 2-3 if I let it run constantly heating the workshop when it's 30 outside (need to finish insulation work). At least it lets me work on projects (like restoring these old light houses) while locked down due to covid,,,

1587688746945.png

Four bags left and I may need to buy some more at Menards. I thought I'd only burn half a bag a day when I installed the P68 but it would be 2-3 if I let it run constantly heating the workshop when it's 30 outside (need to finish insulation work). At least it lets me work on projects (like restoring these old light houses) while locked down due to covid,,,

View attachment 259599
Cool looking lighthouses.

I have 3 Tons left ( I like to go into the next heating season with 1-2 Tons, I burned a lot less then I normally do this year, ANd A few weeks ago I thought I was going to be done early this year so I gave My Buddy 20 Bags that I Didn't feel like moving to my storage area. I normally burn 4 to 6 Ton a year, this year I have only burnt 3. House is usually around 75 Deg all winter long.

Ordered 4.5 ton of Cubix today for next year

• Wow