Last weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
Last weekend and the the weekend befor I started my wood processing. I had 3 cords in log lenth from last year in the back yard waiting to be cut up in rounds. I pulled out the log lenth and cut it up in rounds and started to split it up.. we stacked it in the shed and did the whole process again. I got just under 3 cords of oak and cherry in this shed in 2 weekends.. ill process a little more like end of march
20200127_142554.jpg
20200127_142512.jpg
20200130_161528.jpg
20200126_083452.jpg
20200201_080923.jpg
20200201_095849.jpg

Through the late 1980s through the 90s we logged and went back for the tops to sell and burn ourselves. Many, many dump truck and wagon loads. I grew to like bucking and processing wood,and good memories were made. There’s no better therapy than good ole manual labor.

Reactions: D8Chumley
There are some future wood burners. My oldest daughter helps when she is out with me as well. Both my girls like the fire after a cold day of being outside so they get it plus it is a good way for the family to be outside. I have a lot of memories helping my dad do the same think very nice Woodsplitter67!

Reactions: Leiper
There are some future wood burners. My oldest daughter helps when she is out with me as well. Both my girls like the fire after a cold day of being outside so they get it plus it is a good way for the family to be outside. I have a lot of memories helping my dad do the same think very nice Woodsplitter67!

my wife bought me some mini bean bag chairs for Christmas. my wife and i sit in front of the woodstove every morning drinking our tea. my kids do the something, my sone hung out with me this morning just chilling. my daughter meets me at the wood stove when she wakes up at 5.45am. my kids don't mind doing wood, i just need to keep it intresting and fun. we listen to music while stacking. my son will drive the trac machine and bring over another bucket of split, or if were in the woods move the log lenth around. My daughter will opperate the kubuta and hall logs.. while the dad is on the ground with the saw. They enjoy the benefits of doing wood. my sons 11,and is now telling me, he wants me to get him a backhoe..

Both my little girls like using the tractor so hopefully I'll have a couple of operators in the future. If you make it fun family thing they will like doing it and stick with it. Plus they get why you do it nothing better than wood heat in the winter.