Lazy wood hauling…

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
BF3A38CD-2FCB-41F8-8BF9-F8B582DF0EBA.jpeg
EC0E064C-72A6-44CE-9C24-B0C7AAEEBAAB.jpeg
88C9F420-5FEF-4679-A08B-2D37B8E0EAD0.jpeg
IBC tote cage modified. Ultimate goal will be to store and season all my wood in these. I didn’t sweat with the 5 minute tractor ride yesterday…

IBC tote cages are amazing - I've started using them to stack my uglies and it's working so well. That doesn't look lazy to me - that looks like working smart!

B80D2B0F-D39B-42B3-B22F-2D70150FDB58.jpeg
Not lazy , smart ! I have 2 forks for the front and rear of my kubota . Made 4x4x8 racks to haul wood . Can’t fill them up but with the 3 point forks I can haul quite a bit . This is sugar wood for the evaporator.

Reactions: Dustin
Yep, lazy = smart.

Reactions: clancey
View attachment 285996Not lazy , smart ! I have 2 forks for the front and rear of my kubota . Made 4x4x8 racks to haul wood . Can’t fill them up but with the 3 point forks I can haul quite a bit . This is sugar wood for the evaporator.
How many trees are you tapping this season? Im just a one man backyard show but I've got 50 marked off. Hoping I can keep up! I did 20 last year and it was doable. I run the evaporator on old pallets and uglies. Go big or go home! ::-)

I always say "I'm not lazy, I'm efficient"...

How many trees are you tapping this season? Im just a one man backyard show but I've got 50 marked off. Hoping I can keep up! I did 20 last year and it was doable. I run the evaporator on old pallets and uglies. Go big or go home! ::-)
Just over 2000 , maybe a few hundred more if time allows . Let’s hope for a “ Goldilocks “ winter , not to cold and not to warm .

Reactions: Caw and clancey
Sugar Maple Boys! That is wild. We cant do that down here in Dixie.

I tap 15 each year here in NE Ohio and get between 2.5 and 3 gallons of syrup each year. I mostly use red oak cut offs from a lumber mill near here that I cut down to 10-12 inches and about the size of my thumb. I put wine boxes of these small splits down in my basement for a couple of years to dry them. Pretty labor intensive but a labor of love. Even set up my first reverse osmosis rig last year to get rid of about half the water before starting the burn.