Lead Free Avgas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
But how many airports will carry it?

Our airport is down to a single supplier of AVGas, and it shows in the pricing. I can't see them storing 2 types of AVGas.

I run AVGas in a turbocharged snowmobile, can't keep the detonation away without high octane. But I've went back to regular E10 gas in my saw, the throttle is more responsive, it makes more power and I'm not breathing the combustion byproducts of leaded fuel.

Reactions: EbS-P
My guess is the swap over will happen quick. Given the potential liability with TEL, I think most refiners wish it was gone. Of course,Joe at Buffalo Airways will not be happy (cable TV reference)

My guess is the swap over will happen quick. Given the potential liability with TEL, I think most refiners wish it was gone. Of course,Joe at Buffalo Airways will not be happy (cable TV reference)

I was up in Yellowknife last summer and got to see the Buffalo Hanger, and parked beside Mikey's new Ford Bronco.

Didn't manage to go for a tour though, tour spots were all booked up that day.

Pretty cool though listening to all the piston pounders flying around up there. One of the few places left where flying actually relies on pilot skill instead of computer and advanced avionics.