Leaf blower thing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgopetactical

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2012
York County, Pa
Can some one send me the link to the tread on how to use a leaf blower to deep clean your stove, seems like a lot of people do it. I did a search and keep running into dead ends.
Thanks,
Denny

It's easy, just put the suck side of your leaf blower over the "out" side of your stove's chimney and turn on the leaf blower, when soot stops coming out, turn off the leaf blower!;lol

Dave

It might be a good idea to disconnect the hose to the vacuum switch to prevent damage to it. I open the door on mine to get the maximum airflow, otherwise the OAK would probably restrict the flow somewhat.
The stove and pipe should be cleaned first. The purpose of the LBT is to get ash out that you can't reach, not to do all the cleaning.

That's what I needed to know, thanks a bunch
Denny

My stove was burning poorly the other day.... Did the leaf blower clean out and she's running like new...... Love the leaf blower trick...

Reactions: pourlepayssauvage
Just a reminder to all first-time LBT users, the stove and exhaust should be COMPLETELY cleaned BEFORE using the LBT.....it's really meant to get all the left-over ash that's hiding where you can't reach. Do not think that using it by itself is the answer.

Carry on.......

Did the leaf blower thing today, I only have backpack blowers no handhelds. I found an old bouncy house blower in my shop that would put any leaf blower to shame, a little bit of engineering and it worked great. My stove started burning real dirty the other day and the flame was lazy. Now it runs great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.