Left the damper open this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a picture of it later and seek advice here before I do anything. I thought about calling my dealer, but I don't think anything is wrong. The extra welds were more for piece of mind. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the little plate. I have taken some tubes out as wel.

Attachments

• 100_0280.jpg
    100_0280.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 270
I also took 2 pictures. Mine is bent more. The more I look at it though and think of it's function, it looks like an escape route for the flames. Hmmm, not sure. Maybe I will ask the manufacturer. Also, I was wrong before. There are four welds on the inside, not three.

Attachments

• bend1.jpg
    bend1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 264
  • bend2.jpg
    bend2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 267
That looks just like mine. Thanks for the pics. I guess its kinda normal for that piece to bend a little.

The Jotul F400 has a similar piece, but it's cast iron. They call it an air deflector. This piece can get mighty hot. Mine started glowing red when I did my first compressed log test with too many HomeFire's. It's right at the front edge of the boiling secondaries before they turn 180 deg. over the baffle and head back towards the flue.

It looks like that air deflector take a lot of heat on other modles as well. So as far as I can tell, I got no bent sides or top, the paint looks new on the top, nothing is cracked or split, the only bent parts is also bent on other I3100, maybe I guess I got a little over excited. But I still have to get a liner cleaned and checked. Thanks a lot guys. Where can I find information about a flue alarm thing?

Mine is fixed. Anything less than perfection is not good enough. ;-) I used a C-clamp to straighten the bar. Took all of one minute. If it does it again, I'm breaking out my Miller mig. I can sleep better tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.